Dmitri's HTPC Project

Dmitri Lenna's log of his attempt to build a Home Theater PC or Media PC as it's sometimes called. He plans to describe all the steps he takes, both sucessful and not so successful, so that ohers may learn from his experiences.

The PVR verdict is in

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Hi all. More progress! I was having a problem with BeyondTV, where it seemed like the first TV signal it would get when it started up would be stretched. It was like It was taking the left half of the screen and stretching it over the entire width of the screen. I posted about it over at htpcnews.com. Before I got any responses there, though I poked around at Snapstream's support forums, and found the solution. It seems to be working just fine. This pretty much locked me into BeyondTV, but what put it over the top was the $20 eCoupon Snapstream mailed me. So I bought it last night.

I also went to Radio Shack last night to pick up a cable that will allow me to get a digital signal out of my SoundBlaster Live 5.1 and into my receiver. I'll post the details of the cable once I know it works. I should send normal PC sounds, as well as Dolby Digital and DTS signals for DVD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home